Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pre-Euro Tour Rambles

  Tomorrow I will be heading off on the grand adventure known as EuroTour with around 90 fellow exchange students.  I will do my best to have a blog post but I can guarantee that pictures will posted on my Shutterfly site: Journeys Across the Globe (see link in side bar).  Because of Easter holiday and EuroTour I don't have school for a month - yikes!  I'm a bit worried about going back because I will have missed 2.5 weeks.  At the end of March Laura headed back to Finland, her exchange over (she was with a different program) and we had a wonderful going away party for her, it's going to be sad going back to school without her.  My German has improved by leaps and bounds.  Frequently people will be speaking and it takes me a while to realize that, though I understand them, they are not in fact speaking English but German.  My English has also deteriorated and I often struggle to remember basic words.  And I dread when the English teacher asks me to define a word because now I just sort of nod and say "it's sort of like... you know..." because I forgot how to define it.  But all in all my exchange has been going peachy and I am not looking forward to July 25th because that means the end of the best year of my life.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you posting again (I stopped checking after January). At least I get some of your writing...even if it's not quite as exciting as your amazing stories. Have a fabulous time on your tour and best of luck getting back into school. I miss you lots as always.

    ReplyDelete