Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Potsdam San Souci

(4.9.11)
     Once again I ventured to Potsdam, this time to tour the parks and palaces of San Souci Park.  My mother, father and I decided to bike through the park.  This would take less time than walking and would enable us to see more.  Unfortunately my mother's rear bicycle tire kept going flat so every time we stopped we had to pump it up again.  The grounds and buildings were beautiful but due to the time of day we went several of them were closing or closed.  So we just enjoyed the beautiful exteriors.
Take while biking, an art I perfected as the day progressed.
At the Chinese Tea House, my father,  mother & I.
The Chinese Tea House
Me at Sanssouci - Fredrick the Great's Palace
Apparently potatoes are left in homage to Freidrich der Große.
Fredrick the Great's 11 dogs, buried next to him.
They just don't make things tall enough for me.
The Church of Peace
The Obelisk - with fake hieroglyphs 
The other side of Sanssouci Palace
Orangery Palace
Belvedere auf dem Klausberg

1 comment:

  1. didn't realize you were such a giant. you tower over your parents.

    ReplyDelete