Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Post, Finally

     So as far as keeping my blog up to date I really suck at blogging.  It's a sad state of affairs considering I am a writer by trade.  So in the future I will attempt to stay more up to date.  Instead of having separate blog posts for some of the events that happened in the oh so distant past I think I will combine them.
     On 11.11.11 I celebrated my 100th day in Deutschland.  And I have to say as far as dates for your 100th day are concerned 11.11.11 is pretty darned cool.  Unfortunately I had class during 11:11 am and was asleep for 11:11 pm so the true awesomeness of the day was not fully realized.  Still it was a great day.

So a recap of the posts you should look for in the near future:
       Potsdam San Souci ()
       Berlin Again (Two visits to Berlin) ()
       Neuruppin! - Rotary District 1940 Inbound Orientation ()
       A Small Tour of Germany ()
       Paris ()


Paris Group, about 100 exchange students, at the Louvre


    On 27.10.11 Noora, Tae and I had a Rotary Youth Meeting with our club during which we had to give a speech in German about ourselves and a little about our family.  We also met two rebound exchange students who were very cool. Below is my speech in German - I challenge you to try and understand it without Google Translating it first.  I'll post the English translation in a few days.

Hallo. Ich heiße Hanna Fischer und ich komme aus Boise, Idaho aus America. Boise liegt im Western von U.S.A. Ich bin seit drei monaten in Brandenburg. Ich bin achtzehn Jahre alt und ich habe die Schule nach zwölf Jahren in America beendet. Mein Vater, Todd, ist ein Ingenieur und ein Rotarier. Meine Mutter, Karry, arbeitet in der Bibliothek. Meine Schwester, Ida, studiert Hydrologie an der Universität in Kalifonien und sie ist einundzwanzig Jahre alt. Ich lerne im Domgymnasium in der elften Klasse Mathematik, Physik, Deutsch, Sport, Geschichte, Kunst und Englisch. Mein Lieblingsfächer sind Mathematik und Sport. Meine Hobbys sind Bücher lesen, Reitsport und Romane schreiben und ich bin eine Pfadfinderin. Ich besuchte schon Berlin, Eisenach, Quedlimbug, Speyer, Heidelberg, Köln und Duisburg. Interessant waren für mich der Kölner Dom, der Dom von Speyer, das Heidelberger Schloss und die Wartburg. In Deutschland mag ich die Architektur und Döner. Ich liebe Deutschland!

No comments:

Post a Comment